Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 6: The Layout

Now that all of the parts have arrived, I can begin the process of laying out the instrument. Because I'm not working from a plan, this one will be like no other (I hope that's a good thing). As you can see in the photo below, I've laid out the various parts to closely match the measurements I took from Darrel Wallen's loaner, as well as some of the literature that includes Mr. Strobel's excellent books on the violin family.


I ordered the tuning peg wax and strings and have asked Darrel if he has a peg hole reamer - seems like a waste of money to purchase one for $35 when this will be my one and only electric cello. By Monday, I will have cut and sanded the body and neck and drilled the holes for the pre-amp and the endpin. Hey, I can always take up any slack with the width and depth extensions, right? Right...?

Why do I hear crickets?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment