Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Project Update: Assembly Table Nearly Completed

After a long delay in which I developed a nasty chest cold and then designed and built out a large assembly table for the shop, I'm ready to return to completing the cello. The assembly table was necessary for another project I'm working on and it gives me more room to work on everything. It's about 95% completed, but I need to get back to work. Because I've been using a 2' x 5' bench for many years now, it recently became glaringly apparent that I needed a larger bench/table, so there it is.


It's crunch time - the instrument is due to be delivered to Reed on the 9th, which is 8 days from today. And that's no April Fool's joke. I think I can get it done in time. I just need to do some cutting, shaping, sanding, jointing, finishing...ugh. I can do this, right?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment