Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 5: More Parts Have Arrived

I was pleased to see that two packages arrived yesterday with parts for the instrument. The first contained a maple 4/4 neck that I will be tacking onto the body and the second contained the tailpiece, microtuners, tuning pegs, end pin, a non-usable, yet instructive, pre-amp and a couple of pieces that look like extensions designed to hold space to mimic an acoustic body.


The only parts left to acquire are wax material for the tuning pegs and a set of strings. I'll be ordering those up this Friday.

The next build steps will include designing the full length of the instrument, including where and how I'm going to mount the neck. I will also need to figure out extensions for the upper depth and lower width of the body - you'll see what I mean by that in the coming few days.

April 9th is just around the corner.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment