Monday, March 2, 2015

Day 4: Measurements and Photos

I took some detailed photos of the loaner instrument last night, as well as some measurements at points critical to my completion of the instrument. While I have several measurements available via the Interwebs and Mr. Strobel's excellent books, I still have a few questions about where and how to place extensions to mimic the true depth of an acoustic cello. You'll see what I mean in a couple of days. For now, please enjoy this photographic diversion:





Of course, I took many more photos than these, I just wanted to share a few with you.

The next steps are to carefully measure out the body and start cutting and shaping it for placement of the various parts. I was able to order up the neck, tuning pegs, tailpiece, microtuners, end pin and a nice, little end pin stand. All will arrive within the next couple of weeks. It looks like this is actually going to happen before his birthday!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment