Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 2: New Parts Have Arrived

Because I'm busy on another major project (the Molnar Opus 1 Harpsichord Project), I've decided to purchase most of the major parts for this instrument. I also have a time constraint - Reed's birthday is less than two months away. Some of the part purchases are obvious like the pre-amp and the bow, but the others that I could make given sufficient time and focus, such as the fingerboard, tailpiece and pegs, I simply don't have the time or focus to complete. So, I've ordered them. Sadly, though, most are coming from China and that takes a long time. Even with the long shipping times, I now have in my possession the bow, bridge, body blank, faux body wood, and pre-amp.


The fingerboard is in transit and I will be ordering the tuning pegs, tail piece, and other parts and pieces this Friday. Once all of them have arrived at the Tortuga Early Instruments Worldwide Headquarters, my progress will be swift. In the meantime, I'm going to be working on getting the body designed and cut so I can start smoothing its edges and sanding it up. I can work on bending the faux body pieces, as well. It's coming together...slowly but surely.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment