Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 15: A New Bridge Box Frame

Once I got the bridge box situated, I decided to make a nicer frame using 45-degree angles for the corners. The "old" frame just used square angles and I want this to be a piece I'm proud of, so it's 45 degrees all around. Before I could do this, I needed a way to cut the small pieces. I had created a small cut miter box a while back, which I used for the bridge box, so I went ahead and cut a 45-degree angle into it.


I call it the Molnar Miter - the only one in existence. Fortunately, it worked quite well, so I cut the piecces for the frame.



I won't glue them up quite yet, as the body and the box itself still need some shaping/sanding/scraping work. I will also be bending the faux body this weekend using some nice flamed maple pieces I found at Home Depot that should work just fine.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment